Thursday, April 10, 2008

Vapid Conversation

Am I a snob for needing more in conversation? To be unsatisfied by chit chat? To always want to find the deeper meaning, to be fascinated by the underlying motivations, truths and possibilities? To not just have the experience, but experience the flow of it all?

It's so precious when you find it. It's addictive. Painful to do without, when you realize most of the world around you doesn't care. When they want (and will be satisfied by) something less than you.

Is the the actual conversation, the topic or the conversants that affect me? I value my conversations with my friend K no matter the topic. Those times seem more connected, more involved, without even trying. We may touch on the inane, instantly forgotten topics that make up others' complete repertoire, but at some point the conversation returns to meaning, to truths, to purpose, to heart.

The conversation, the topic or the people?

No comments: